Wednesday, April 11, 2007

8 months

Are we not just too cute!?



Yep, you read that right. I am 8 months along now. And, of course, I still get all those comments about not looking it. Mostly, I just reply with, "Yes, I know... I am lucky that way." But inside I am really thinking this: "Will you just stop commenting about the size of my belly already?" I mean, really. I may not show as most normal women do, but you do not hear me going around to all those ladies and saying, "Wow! You are just so HUGE! I never looked like that when I was pregnant!" How rude that would be. But do not worry about me... I'll get over it. It is just a fact of my life. Just as all the comments I get about looking like I am a teenager still, is a fact of my life.

I am not complaining... I think it a great blessing that I can look so good pregnant and that I am young looking. When I get into my 40's and beyond, I am sure that I will still look young--then all the comments I get will be flattering instead of annoying!

So...how am I feeling? I was reading my post about being 6 months pregnant, and I mentioned that I felt 9 months at the time, that I felt like I was carrying around a basketball. Well, now I feel like I am carrying a BOWLING ball! I was walking around the other day and the weight of my belly was just horrendous! I had difficulty getting through my shopping. It felt like the weight of the world was trying to press me down into the ground! Made me wish I was in space, floating around weightlessly.

This pregnancy has been so different from my first one. That first one, with Padraic, was just a breeze compared to this one. This time, everything that is or can be a pregnancy symptom, I have experienced. Extreme sickness, extreme tiredness, backaches, feet swelling, shortness of breath, waddling for goodness sakes!, ligament pain and all that! No wonder I am so impatient to get the the baby part!

But I can rest in the knowledge that my time is coming very soon. I do not have too long to wait now. Thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment