Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Day


This was a fun Christmas for our family. Padraic, since he's almost 4, understood the concept of "Santa" better this year. He insisted on seeing Santa in the mall to tell him what he wanted for Christmas. Terry and I had the fun role of playing Santa this year for our little guy. We left unwrapped presents around the tree and set up the "big" present-a new 'Geo Tracks' train set- ready for Padraic to see as soon as he woke up in the morning. I wish I could have captured the expression on his little face when he spotted the new trains. It was as if he was thinking, "Where did that train come from? I know that I didn't have that one yesterday, so how did it get here?" Confusion and uncertainty were written all over his face. I asked him if he knew who had brought him the new train track and he relpied, "I don't know." When I told him that Santa had brought it for him, he looked at me as if I were nuts! But it did not take him long to get past his not knowing exactly how it come to be in our living room and soon he was enthusiastically playing with his new toy.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Suzanne,
    This is Ramona from Missouri. Loved the pictures of you, Padraic and the Mystery Baby!! Good to hear from you and you certainly sound like a "happy camper" up there in the Northwest. Am certain that is a beautiful part of the U.S.
    Hope to see you if you make it to Missouri in '07.
    Ramona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Suzanne, I think your blog is a great idea and am looking forward to hearing more about how life is going for all of you. I am glad to know that Padriac had a wonderful christmas, as did Allena and Tyler. They are all at such a fun age. Look forward to hearing and seeing more about your daily life. Missing you all in Missouri, Sarah

    ReplyDelete